- Resigned from the city job, sold everything and packed a backpack, a dive bag and my 1st compact camera the Canon ixus80is.
- Became a PADI Instructor based in Perhentian & Mabul.
|The Instructor in 2009|
|Perhentian Island, first stop|
- Based in Perhentian and Koh Lanta and The Similans (videographer).
|The start of Anti-Gravity Divers Koh Lanta, Thailand|
|Turtle Bay Divers, Perhentian|
- Based Perhentian, Tioman and The Similans
- Based in Tioman and The Similans while running trips and workshops during my off season.
|Trips & Workshops|
|This was my home (living out at sea) for 3 seasons in Thailand|
- Based in The Similans and opened Anilao Backpackers in August.
- Received handover of an abandoned property in January and opened Anilao Photo Hotel in March.
|Getting it broken|
|anilao PHOTO hotel|
IT'S BEEN A CRAZY RIDE!!!
Ups and downs...meeting loads of people, visiting places...gaining and sharing knowledge.
Thanks the the people who helped me grow, thanks to the friends who had faith...thanks to the concerned loved-ones who said "Just do it".
Never was an easy moment...But when u throw away the map that shows u "How to get back to The Safe Life", all one can do is to continue to walk forward and see where the adventure takes you next.
In times that life looks uncertain I remind myself "I once had a big car, my own house and a super job...BUT a company owned my life".
You trip and fall in the dark sometimes OR you run too fast and cant stop in time and fall down the staircase...But what hurts most is being tripped by people you trust or are trying to help.
That said, one cannot understand the obstacles along the way, but looking in retrospect each "fall" forced me onto a path to the next good thing...so to those who tripped me, thank you also for teaching me the lessons friends could not teach me :)
To my fantastic team in the radio station. After 6 years, I hope everyone's still doing good. I do remember and miss the station WE built :)
|anilao PHOTO hotel 31 January 2014 (still in construction)|
|anilao PHOTO hotel 31 January 2015|